Hey Kids! Send us your true, but wacky stories about Arizona and we will pick the best ones each month and publish them on the Arizona Way Out West & Wacky website, www.AZWOWW.com, for the entire world to read!
Plus, if 23 students from the same class participate, we will send their teacher a free copy of "Arizona Way Out West & Witty" and "Arizona Way Out West & Wacky" and 25 free bookmarks.
To read entries already sent in by kids, visit www.AZWOWW.com, click on "Blogs" and look for the Story Wizard icons in the left-hand column. When you click on the icon the story will pop open.
Students from all across the globe are invited to participate, and we will print all that qualify, so start writing now!
* Participating students must be in grades K-9, and their parents or guardians must include permission with your entry for us to print your full name online; otherwise, we will just print your first name and omit your school name for safety reasons.
* Include your grade, school name, state and email address, and your parent or guardian's name and email address (so we can verify their permission) on your entry.
* The stories you submit must be TRUE, but WACKY. They can be Arizona history stories, or stories about something wacky that happened to you when you were visiting the state.
* There is no limit to the number of stories you can submit.
* Stories will be judged on originality, grammar, structure, creativity, and whether they meet the TRUE, but WACKY criteria.
* There is no maximum or minimum length or word count required to enter.
* All stories will be considered, but submission does not guarantee selection or print.
* If 23 students in the same class at the same school participate, we will send a free copy of "Arizona Way Out West & Witty" and "Arizona Way Out West & Wacky" to the teacher of that class, along with 25 free bookmarks. To have your teacher considered for this honor, all 23 entries must also include the teacher's name and email address, and the school's address and phone number so we can mail the books. All of the 23 entries must also be submitted with a 3-day window of time.
* All entries should be emailed to Kids@AZWOWW.com.
For more information on this contest, email Info@AZWOWW.com. For more details on "Arizona Way Out West & Witty," "Arizona Color Me Wacky!" and "Arizona Way Out West & Wacky" or on how you can bring the authors to your school for a special WACKY visit, call 480-940-8182 or email info@FiveStarPublications.com.
Lynda Exley, co-author